Wilkinson's have been repairing and restoring glassware for 50 years. Anything from removing a chip in a wine glass to the most complex restoration of a complete chandelier can be carried out in house. Whilst our skilled craftsmen are constantly developing new skills and investigating the latest advances in technology.
Some of the repairs we can carry out are:-
- Removing chips from all kinds of glassware
- Removing stains from decanters and glasses
- Fitting new pegs to broken decanter stoppers
- Fitting new legs or feet to broken wine glasses
- Removing stoppers stuck in decanter necks
- Removing bruises from glass paperweights
- Latest technology gluing and bonding glass
Some glues are cured under ultra violet light and are stronger than the glass itself. When a piece of glass is lost or broken beyond repair, Wilkinson's skilled glassmakers and cutters can reproduce the item. Our glass cutters are recognised as amongst the finest in the world. The skill is evident in the variety of items we can cut, each one in perfect detail. Illustrated is a large very heavily diamond cut chandelier finial next to a delicate Georgian cut cordial glass.